Steps Toward Success in Today’s Marketplace
1. Know the technology of that you are trying to use. If blogs, study and learn how to use the technology. If e-mail marketing, no one will give you more support than Constant Contact. Learn the technology of creating a newsletter because no one knows your business better than you do. Sometimes people need to learn to “toot their own horn”, i.e. do a better job of telling about you and your business.
2. Develop Your Marketing Strategy–Exploration: Who are you, what exactly do you do and how do you do it. That may require getting your system under control–get your “act” together. It may also require defining exactly what you offer. More and more a consumer has multiple outlets for what you have to offer and you may want to focus on how you do business over product or service–the what of your business.
3. Of all the things above, what is the one Key Thing you offer a client? What is the one “kernel” of truth you believe to be true. Tip: the more you can make it client centered, the more effective it will be. Old saw is true: “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care” Make that the key to you marketing and you won’t go long without a sale.
4. Medium comes last. What is the medium people use who need to find you? Figure out where your customer and clients are and then figure out a medium to reach them.
5. Always review. Business changes because people change and we need to change with it. Review and redefine your marketing strategy on a regular basis. Always be open to modifications.